“Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual.
“Principals” means individuals that own and/or are involved in the management of a business.
“Us”, “we”, “our” and “MyCRC” means MyCRC, a MyCRC Holdings, Inc. brand.
“Website” means the website operated by MyCRC and located at https://mycrc.ca.
“User” means a person who is using MyCRC to use our services.
We facilitate the process of completing a criminal record check with the police in Canada. Our users are primarily located in Canada. MyCRC and our parent company Certn have partnered with police detachments across Canada to provide our criminal record checks.
• ID verification is performed through MyCRC by Equifax
• A public record search will search the internet, and public media that individual authors have made publicly available;
• Directly from Users in response to any dealings we have with the User including the MyCRC questionnaire; and
• Public records, federal, state and/or provincial government offices, public registries, and other sources permitted by law.
If you call us, we may record and retain the recording to ensure the accuracy of our discussions and for quality control and record keeping purposes.
• Public records: Information that may affect creditworthiness, such as judgments, bankruptcies, consumer proposals and registered items, as well as, criminal court cases, fraud lists, sex offender registries, and terrorist watch lists;
• Criminal record check: A “Clear” or “Review” Status if criminal records are foud;
• Address history: A list of past residential addresses;
• Information about purchases paid in full with cash or cheques;
• Race, creed, colour, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, family status or political affiliations.
Decision making associated with Personal Information
– To assist in the investigation of a contravention of a law and/or fraudulent activities;
– To fulfill our obligations under consumer reporting and privacy legislation (such as, a request to initiate an investigation); and
– To act in respect of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual or for other purposes as permitted or required by law.
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee our compliance with the privacy principles established by the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and with provincial privacy and credit reporting legislation. However, protecting Personal Information does not begin and end there: we are committed to fostering a sense of responsibility amongst our employees for protecting the privacy and accuracy of Personal Information while it is in our care.
The MyCRC’ Website makes use of “per-session” Cookies. Unlike “persistent” Cookies, which are stored on a user’s hard drive and can last indefinitely, per-session Cookies are stored only in a browser’s temporary memory and are deleted when the browser is shut down. When users visit our Website, our web server offers the user’s browser a per-session Cookie. As the Website is navigated, this Cookie is read back to our web server, allowing us to generate an anonymous “click trail” profile of the visit. From the aggregated information about visits, MyCRC learns how visitors interact with its Website, how the Website design and content can be improved, and how visitors’ experiences can be improved. MyCRC does not link, share or associate the contents of the per-session Cookie with any other information in a way that would enable the identification of visitors to our Website. Nor do we track or link together multiple visits by any single user over time. Our per-session Cookies cannot be “read” by any other web servers, so users cannot be tracked or profiled using MyCRC’s Cookies if they visit multiple sites on the Internet. Some browsers can be set to reject all Cookies. If a user chooses to modify a browser in this manner, some pages of our Website may not function properly.